The Modern World Of Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer In The Fashion Shops

3 posters

Go down

Summer In The Fashion Shops Empty Summer In The Fashion Shops

Post by Gina Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I walked down the sidewalk looking at the many didfferent clothing stores. I kept my eyes out for any "Help Wanted" or "Now Hiring" signs. There were no jobs available at the swim shop, the GAP store or any of the others I had already passed. So I kept looking, starting to loose faith that I would get a job. Suddenly, as I was about to turn around and buy a Coke I saw a sign that said "Help Wanted" on the window of a clothing store called "Kidz Klothez".
"Unique name." I muttered to myself but walked into the store anyway. A little bell rang when I entered and I noticed racks of clothing for children probably from age 4-10.
Suddenly, a woman about 40 years old came up to me and asked, "Hello. How may I help you?"
"Uh. I was wondering if I could have a job application." I said as I looked around the store. There weren't many people, probably because it was still the morning.
"Oh, sure!" The woman said, excitedly. "You're the first one whos actually applying." She said picking up a piece of paper from the counter.
"Oh." I said, not sure of what else to say.
"You can just return this back any time and we'll see if you got the job."
"Thanks." I mummbled and left the store.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Type: : Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Summer In The Fashion Shops Empty Re: Summer In The Fashion Shops

Post by Gina Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:44 pm

I walked into Kids Klothez feeling confident that I would get the job. I saw the lady from easrlier towards the back of the store so I approached her.
"I believe you were the woman I spoke to earlier. I'm Gina." I shook her hand.
"Welcome back!"
"I finished my application." I said and pulled it out of my bag, glad that it wasn't wrinkled or messy looking.
"Thank you so much!" She explained, excitedly. "I'll call you later to see if you got the job."
"Thanks." I said and walked out of the store, letting out a breathe.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:36 am

"Good morning!" My new boss greeted me. It was the lady I talked to yesterday and I found out her name was Madeline.
"Good morning." I said, opening the front door to the store. I was surprised that I made it on time.
"Alright, now I can give you your work details. There are three main jobs: helping costumers, working at the desk where you check them out with their purchases, or stocking new clothing arrivals. You will be on and off doing those jobs." I nodded my head as Madeline spoke. "This morning you will start out at the desk. If you haven't noticed we don't open for another 15 minutes. So you can get settled, put your bags down, go to the bathroom, whatever you need to do!"
"Thanks." I said putting my bag on the counter. "Oh, by the way, what time do I leave work at?"
"Any time after 3 o clock in the afternoon. If you stay later, you will get payed more though." Madeline explained.
I nodded my head. I was fine with staying until night. I had nothing better to do.
"Oh, and you get a lunch break at 12." Madeline told me then disapearred into a back room of the store.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 am

I rushed into the store, feeling like a mess.
"I'm so sorry I'm late, Mad-" I started. But then I realized there was someone different behind the counter. Someone about my age. "Um hi."
"Oh. Hi, I'm Gina." The girl said. "Madeline's in the back."
"Thanks." I said and walked towards the back of the store. "Hello Madeline. Sorry I'm late." I said. I had overslept since I forgot to set my alarm clock for my first day of work.
"Oh, its fine! We haven't even opened yet." Madeline said in her cheery voice. She looked at the watch around her wrist then explained, "Oh my! Looks like its time to open now. I gave you all the details yesterday when you stopped by and today you will be stocking these boxes into the empty shelves."
"Alright." I said, as Madeline went to the front of the store and flipped the sign on the door so that it read CLOSED to us but OPEN to everyone outside.
"By the way," Madeline said. "this is Gina." She gestured to the girl at the desk. "She is our other new employee."
"We met." I said. Gina waved and then I headed to the back of the store to start unloading the boxes. Madeline had explained to me the day before that all of the clothes that are the same need to be piled together and other useless information. I was a bit upset that Gina got here first and all she had to do was sit at the counter.
I let out a deap breathe and carried the large box to the shelves near the end of the store.
Amanda
Amanda

Type: : Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 pm

"Your total comes to $39.95." I told the costumer while stuffing the clothes she bought into a bag. They were folded so that they wouldn't be wrinkled in the bag. I felt proud dealing with my first costumer.
"Thank you. Have a nice day." She said as she grabbed her sons hand and led him to the door.
"You too." I said, smiling.
Madeline swarmed out of her office. "Congrats on your first costumer!"
"Thanks." I said. I looked over at Amanda who was still putting clothes on shelves. I wondered if she wanted to work at the desk. "Um, hey Amanda..."
She lifted her head up.
"If its okay with Madeline you can work at the counter and I'll stock shelves... that is - if you want to." I said.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 pm

"Um, sure." I said, abandoning the shelves. I had wanted to work at the counter this whole time so I was glad she noticed. I walked over to the counter where she stood. "Thanks, I was getting bored back there."
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I smiled. "No problem." I went over to where she had been and started folding clothes. I heard the bell ring, announcing that a costumer had entered. We had only had one person come in today so far. The shop had been open for almost an hour now. The store was new so not many people knew about it yet. I looked over and saw the people who had just walked in. It was a mother, a father and two young boys. I hoped that they would buy a lot. I wanted this store to pick up and get more costumers.
"Excuse me." The woman said, tapping my shoulder.
"Oh, yes?" I asked.
"Where should I be looking for boys about age 5?" She asked.
I stood up and led her to the "Boys Ages 3-5" section. "Right here." I smiled.
"Thank you so much." She said and started looking through the racks of clothing. I went back and continued folding the clothes.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:12 pm

"Girls!" Madeline called. "You can go on lunch break now if you want."
I nodded and so did Amanda. I grabbed my bag and strolled out of the store. I walked over to a random food stand and just ordered fries and a coke. I realized I had a half hour for lunch and it only took me 5 minutes to eat. So I walked up and down the streets, not knowing what to do. I thought about going to the salon that Ashley worked at but I only had about 20 minutes left and they might say I couldn't come in just to talk to my friend. So I went back to the store and told Madeline.
"Oh, okay. I guess you can just stay here then!"
"Thanks." I said and went back to the back of the store where I sat and folded clothes.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:16 pm

I walked over to a cafe that was close by the shop and ordered a salad and a Sprite. I wasn't exactly hungry so I didn't want much. I took out my phone to see if I had any messages. Nope. So far I didn't really like my job and I actually thought I might quit. We barely have any costumers so I might not get payed very well. There were probably much better places to work at, like this Starbucks! I sighed and fiddled with my finger until my food came.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I let Amanda work at the desk for the rest of the day and I un-packed every single box of clothing.
I looked at the clock and it said 5:30 PM. I was surprised I had stayed so late.
"Um, Madeline I need to get going now." I said, gathering up my bag.
"Alright Gina! Hope ya had a good first day!" She called out.
I smiled and headed out the door, ready to have a big dinner.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

"I need to go too." I explained and grabbed my purse.
"Okay! See ya tomorrow!"
I hurried out the door and sighed. I caught up with Gina. "I don't know about you but I'm not so sure about this job." I said. "We only had like 10 customers all day."
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

"I agree." I sighed. "I would feel bad if I quit but... I don't know."
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 pm

"Yeah. Well I gotta go. My dads here to pick me up. See ya tomorrow." I said and hopped into the back of my dads car. "Mom home yet?" I asked.
"Nope. She'll probably be here in an hour." My dad said, making a turn. "So how was work?"
"Bad." I said. "We had like no customers. I think I might quit and find a new, BETTER job."
"Sweetie, you said you would commit to this job."
"But Da-" I complained.
"I don't want to hear it."
So for the rest of the drive I stayed silent.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 pm

I entered the store. "Good morning, Madeline." I said as I sat at the counter and pulled out my pop tart.
"Hello Gina!" She said. "Guess what!"
"What?" I said.
"Yesterday night I put up posters advertising the store."
"Oh, thats a really good idea." I said even though I didn't believe it would get customers.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm

I wandered around, and saw a store already open. It was called "Kidz Klothez". I walked by it, and saw a stand close to that store. It wasn't open, but I took a Sprite and left two dollars on the stand. I hurried back to my store that I was supposed to be working at, or soon anyway, so I ran.
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

https://everybodyloveswolves.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:02 pm

I rushed inside. "Good morning guys." I said.
"Hey Amanda! I'm going to open now." Madeline said and flipped the sign. I pulled a chair next to Gina and sat there since their were no boxes to unload. To my surprise, a customer came in and bought $43.78 of clothes right when we opened.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I was shocked when we started getting more customers. Amanda was helping them find their clothes and I worked the cash register. Maybe Madeline's posters worked after all.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 pm

"Lunch break!" Madeline called out.
Grabbing my bag, I raced out the door to a Food Court close by. I was strangely starving.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 pm

"Wait up, Gina!" I shouted. "Wanna go to lunch together?"
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 pm

"Sure. I'm heading to the food court. You can tag along if ya want."
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:30 pm

We rushed into the store. It was 12:29.
I laughed. "With one minute to spare!"
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:32 pm

The rest of the day was pretty busy. Gina and I were having fun so we decided to stay late and Madeline even ordered a pizza for all of us. But soon it was 7:30 and my father was there to pick me up.
"See ya tomorrow, Gina!" I called and hopped into the car.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 am

I walked into the store and the little bell rang. Madeline told me that the day before everyone needed her help finding clothes so today I would be the one assisting them and Amanda (who wasn't here yet) would work at the counter.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 am

I ran in, late as usual, and Madeline told me to flip the sign signaling that we were open. Nobody came in at first but after about 15 minutes people actually started coming.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

The rest of the day was so busy that we couldn't even stop for a lunch break. I was shocked at all the customers. But at the end of the day I was so glad to be going home.
Gina
Gina
Keeping In Touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down